Saturday, November 16, 2013

Working Up to a Test Print Still


Time to test print.  I know I have some fine lines that will close up and have to be recarved.  I do that all the time.  Comes from carving with a 1mm v-cut tool.  I'm trying to ween myself of it, but it's just too addictive.  

I need to make a bw print ~ probably on archival drawing paper with a baren (or maybe rice paper, but I'm lazy and don't want to dig it out).  Story of my life.  I work twice as hard because I'm too lazy to do it right the first time.  ;- y

2 basic colors ~ black and a light brown, with tapped in red and green elements.  If I've carved it right, some of the elements will look shades of gray as well.  Can't apply myself to it yet, as we've got another engagement this afternoon and I can't concentrate.  Even tho I won't use it all, I need an empty expanse of time to throw myself into.  So maybe tomorrow.

Unless I can pull out the baren and black ink and do a test print without thinking.  Have to sneak up on myself.

No comments: