Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pastel on Light Print


It had to sit for a day so I could appreciate it.  Right after I printed I wasn't sure I even had one good print.  Typical.  ;- j  This is a slightly lighter print, but the pastel really makes it pop.

And on a dark print:



Print is too dark for my taste, and is difficult to color with pastel.  Cray-pas can do it (on the brown) but it isn't a smooth-looking.  I can see if more drying will help the ink.

And on a "perfect" print.  Still harder to color.



Interesting experiment.  No wonder Belinda Del Pesco colors pale and ghost prints.  ;- ]  Much easier.

I have a couple more lighter prints I can play with.

Here's another one:


2 comments:

Sharri said...

You have outdone yourself, my dear! It is a gorgeous print that makes one feel all warm and cozy inside and in desperate need of a cup of tea.

Ellen Shipley said...

Thank you! That's what I was going for. 8-]