Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Recycled Leftovers

Finally.  Nothing like a pressing deadline to get me, er, pressing.

Foggy ("The fog comes on little cat feet.") is what I'm going to use for the Leftovers III exchange. It's made up of two blocks -- the background, an historic woven coverlet pattern called "Cat Tracks and Snail Trails" or "Catspaw," and the cat block, which is an homage to our late cat Foggy.

Leftovers III uses up leftover pieces of printmaking paper, and I like the idea of using  "recycled" blocks for it.  Here's the original print:


I'll play with the blocks.  Print the coverlet block, then add the cat, maybe at an angle.  I'll see what moves me.  Maybe play around with colors.

Took me awhile to find the blocks.  I'm certainly not an organized printmaker.  ;- j  I knew they were somewhere at the bottom of a basket-o-blocks, and they were.  Found some others I'd wondered where they'd gotten to, so it was a productive morning's spelunking.

No comments: