Friday, February 25, 2011

Leftovers II

I've joined a print exchange called Leftovers II, the upshot of which it has to be printed on leftover paper -- the bits and pieces that are left over when you've broken down paper for previous print projects.

Who doesn't have those?  I've come across some long, thin pieces that are just perfect.

Now for the subject.  What behoves an exchange called Leftovers?  I'm thinking something large enough to be printed on many pieces at once.  Say Once In a Blue Moon:


My thinking is to lay out the strips of paper and print on all of them at once.  The individual prints will be pieces of the whole.  And afterall what are leftovers if now pieces of a whole?

I thought this block would lend itself nicely to the project, with it's profusion of stars.  Each print will capture a piece of a star.  ;-]

Here's the link and info:

Prints: 14 - must include a hand process
Paper Size: Up to 5" x 7" - can be smaller, but NO larger please!
Cost: $12.00
Due Date: March 15, 2011
To sign up email Amy at info@wingtippress.com

~*~

Well, I was going to upload some process pics, but blogger is having a breakdown and I can't upload any pics at the moment.  I'll try later.


Here we go.  Laying paper over the block to see how it'll fit.  This arrangement will take two passes (at least).  Not sure how they'll all come out.  I may pick the best slices and repeat them.

1 comment:

Bette Norcross Wappner -- said...

Beautiful design. What a great idea printing separate pieces of paper at a time like this.