Friday, February 04, 2011

Last Artist Standing ;-j

I've been on an artistic hiatus since the holidays. But it's time I get back to work.


I've been a little sidetracked with another project, non-art related, but I've come up with a plan to combine the two.


I'm currently involved in a writing contest -- Last Author Standing -- in the fanfiction community (ok, so I'm a geek). Every two weeks I get a prompt and then I have to write a short story (from 100 to 1000 words) on a related topic. Then we vote and someone wins and someone gets "voted off the island" until there is one last author standing. S/he gets the acclaim of their peers and a gift certificate to a bookstore, or somesuch. Like I said, geeky.


Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun and so far we're on our third round of stories.


But now it's occured to me that I might try and make a related woodcut on the prompt as well. Not necessarily an illustration, but a separate project. So now that I've said it aloud, so to speak, I guess I have to take a stab at it.


Wish me luck! 8-]

1 comment:

Diane Cutter said...

Cool, Ellen... I didn't realize you are a writer, too. Is there a link to read the stories?