Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Coloring Cartoons

Working out the colors for the two blocks.  The first block will have the major areas of color -- sky, reindeer, Tay.


The second block will have the detailed bits -- stonework, antlers, harness, initials.


Actually I'll carve this:


And this:


I can roll on the major areas of color and tap on the fiddly bits, like the harness.

It works on paper.  We shall see if it works in wood.  ;- j

~*~

I restained the boards, so I won't be able to transfer the cartoons today.  Tomorrow.

Also, in restaining the boards, I noticed a straight line coming up on both boards.  Looks like a spot where one top laminate sheet was attached to another.  It's smooth to the touch, but I don't know if it will show on the print, like wood grain.  I've considered the cartoons, and I'll probably be able to avoid the area for most of the printing surface.  Guess we'll see.

No comments: