Monday, November 21, 2005

Not Even a Mouse


This is a woodcut, roughly 4"x6", from a blind contour of Freya on the couch.

I mixed up a light brown w/ miracle gel and tapped it onto the block. I then rolled the block in a thalo blue (w/ a tad of white). Then I tapped on some black.

This is one busy little block this Christmas. First of all it's my class exchange print (fortune cookie: appearances can be deceiving). Then it's going to by our Christmas card, at least for a dozen or so. And then I've signed up for a Solstice exchange, and that can run as much as 35! And of course it's my card for the Year of the Dog. No wonder Freya's sleeping -- she's exhausted. ;-j

4 comments:

Shelly McC said...

This is stunning!

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

I like this one a lot. I love the colors. Good job!

belindadelpesco.com said...

So glad to actually OWN one of these! It's WONDERFUL! Thank you!
Belinda

Annie B said...

Hi Ellen,
I haven't visited your blog for a while. This is gorgeous!! The energy and looseness of the blind contour drawing really comes through. I love it!