Monday, October 01, 2012

Motifs

Got the cartoon down to a set of motifs.


I can play with coloring the background now, as well as the snowflakes.  The chop is just a placeholder for whatever I'll be carving, and probably in the same colorway as the rest of the card.

Bill did his math magic on the card size and what size to carve the image on the block (i.e., how much margin to leave so I can crop it to fit).  Now all I have to decide is whether I want to carve an 8x10 or a 9x12 block.  Tiny detail seems to call for a larger block.

~*~

Measuring now.  Bill worked up the measurements for me,


Print 4.61 x 7.17  
Bleed (full image) 4.72 x 7.28
On the 8 x 10, 10 inches high, 6.5 inches wide
On the 9 x 12, 12 inches high, 7 3/4 inches wide


but I really have to print out a cartoon and hold it up to the block to see what I think.  Still dithering between blocks, but I'm leaning toward the larger one.  That castle motif is awfully small.


No comments: