Saturday, November 21, 2009

Horsefly -- test prints

Did some test prints of my paleo-horsefly this afternoon, working out some colorways.





Yellow ochre or vanilla print. ;-j


More like what I'm aiming for: yellow ochre, red and thalo blue, with a touch of white to lighten up the colors.

Had to keep adding water as the ink was drying fast. Must be dry today. My hands feel like sandpaper, but that's par for printing. Used my baren and wooden spoon and some sketch paper.

I'm feeling smuggly productive today, after days of displacement. ;- j

2 comments:

Sharri said...

Love that orange/purple/white combo. Of course, I'm a sucker for those colors! But, they really do seem to work especially well for your horsefly.

Maria Pinto said...

very nice colors! it looks happy flying...
kisses