Thursday, December 13, 2007

Midwinter Night


Woo and hoo! The xmas cards came off really well. Classy, if I do say so myself. ;-j And in addition to the cards, Schuyler House also bought 20 prints, so Christmas came early this year. 8-]
We had miscalculated the actual size of the cards however, and some judicial digital alterations had to be done to the image: the tree was elongated, with mix and match and cut and paste branches added to the top, as well as extending the sky. But I think it looks all of a piece.
VistaPrint.com did the cards, and I think they did a nice job. We chose a matt linen finish. I'd definitely do this again.

3 comments:

Annie B said...

Looks great, Ellen, including the digital retouching. Happy Solstice!

LinC said...

The tree looks great! As though the camera just pulled back a little bit wider to show more branches. This piece really speaks to me.

Debi said...

Very nice artwork and technique. I like the atmosphere of the scene, too.